Monday, September 1, 2014
Thursday, July 31, 2014
To say that my summer has been stressful would be an understatement. With E's health issues and surgeries, demands at work and general life stresses, I am tired. I am wrapped REALLY tight right now; so much so that I am making myself physically ill. I don't feel like I have had a summer break or spent enough quality time with my favorite twelve and a half year old.
So last week I decided I needed to unplug. Like FOR REAL unplug, from social media and even my beloved blog, and focus on relaxing and having a bit fun before B heads back to school. When B tells me she misses me I KNOW it is time for a break.
So I will be on a month long hiatus to spend some much needed time with my family and taking time to take care of myself. I hope you all continue to have a fantastic summer and I will see you in September!
Monday, July 28, 2014
Friday, July 25, 2014
1. These are pictures from the past 6 months or so. I can see the weight loss from when I took the first picture until this most recent one. When you are losing weight, you can't always see what others see. Never mind my foundation garments stay having me looked nipped and tucked! LOL
2. Many of these outfits are now too big!!
3. Doesn't everybody take bathroom selfies? No? Oh...carry on!
Have a great weekend!
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- 8 ounces of regular lemon lime soda
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp coconut extract
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar, butter and oil
- Add eggs one at a time mixing thoroughly after each addition
- Add cake flour and lemon lime soda to cream mixture. Mix until just combined
- Add the lemon and coconut extracts to the batter and mix for about a minute
- Pour cake batter into a prepared Bundt cake pan or two prepared loaf pans
- Bake cake for 1½ hours at 325 degrees or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
I started posting our weekly menu on the fridge so the family would always know what to expect come dinner time. It also aids in giving me an idea of what to actually cook! I freeze everything so once I have decided on a menu I place all of the meat that I will be using on a tray at the top of the fridge to defrost. If there is some prep involved I tend to do that over the weekend like cutting up chicken, making pizza dough or even cooking rice.
Here's what our menu looks like this week:
Kung Pao Chicken – Tender chicken tossed in a delicious vinegar brown sugar sauce, honey roasted peanuts and green onions; served over stir fried rice and fried okra
Ginger and Orange Sticky Wings – Spicy roasted wings tossed in a ginger and orange peel marmalade sauce; served with House Potatoes and a fresh green salad and a homemade Asian style dressing
Barbeque Ranch Chicken Salad – Grilled chicken, avocado, tomato, fresh roasted corn and black beans over fresh greens, served with a semi-homemade BBQ ranch dressing and topped with crispy onion strings
Homemade Cheeseburger Pizza – Sharp cheddar cheese, bacon, tomatoes, romaine and seasoned ground beef piled on a homemade pizza crust and served with a fresh green salad and homemade creamy Italian dressing
This week's ice cream will be: Peanut Butter Cup! Rich peanut butter ice cream with chunks of honey roasted peanuts and semi-sweet chocolate
Yes. Yes, I do put the meal descriptions on the menu. I'm a tad bit extra! LOL
What's on your menu this week?
Monday, July 21, 2014
Friday, July 18, 2014
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Italian Herb Mix
What you need:
What you need:
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary. Rosemary is very pungent so adjust as necessary
One Tablespoon each:
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Dried sage
- Dried thyme
- Dried parsley
- Granulated garlic, optional
What to do:
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place