Ever on the quest to find new meals for the family I pinned this gem on one of my Pinterest boards. I am a sucker for a pretty picture and this one was beautiful. I am always apprehensive about sharing with my family the yumminess that enjoy but baybey, my family LOVED these. They were looking at me sideways when they were all gone! LOL
Thai Styled Ribs
Original recipe can be found here
What you need:
- 6 pounds of meaty ribs cut into 2-rib portions
- Boiling water
- 1 Tbs lemongrass paste
- 1/2 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dry Sherry
- 2 Tbs peanut sauce
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 3/4 cup canned UNSWEETENED coconut milk
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange ribs in a single layer in a large roasting pan. Add just enough boiling water to cover ribs.
- Cover pan with foil and oven braise ribs until tender, about 1.5 hours.
- Remove ribs from oven. Let the ribs cool, still covered, for about 30 minutes.
- Increase oven temp to 375 degrees
- In a blender place all of the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Transfer ribs to heavy-duty 2-gallon resealable plastic bag; discard braising liquid.
- Pour marinade into the bag with the ribs. Seal top and turn several times to coat ribs evenly
- Using tongs, arrange ribs in single layer on rimmed baking sheet.
- Spoon marinade from bag over ribs.
- Roast uncovered until ribs are very tender, basting often with marinade, about 30 minutes.