I am embarrassed that I am putting myself on blast like this...that pantry is atrocious!
What I want to accomplish with the Pantry Organization Project:
- Effectively utilize all of the space in the pantry, the floor and the height
- Paint or wallpaper. I haven’t decided if I am going to update the puke yellow color that is there now or just leave it as is and repaint the shelves only
- I want to have a designated space for all of my baking necessities, flours, cornmeal, chocolate chips, etc.
- A space for dry pastas
- I have a
binderbasket full of extra spices that require organization too
- A space for lunch and snack items needs to be carved out
- I want to find baskets for the floor to hold the extra of the things we use often and for miscellaneous items that don’t require designated space but still need to be properly organized
- I want to move all of the small appliances I don't use often out to the garage (which needs major cleaning also) where there is proper shelving to hold all of that stuff, chafing dishes, pasta maker, etc.
- I also want a space for my likka until I find a nice beverage cart to place in the living room
- I want something to hold boxes of foil, plastic wrap, sandwich bags etc.
- A proper bin for the dog food (haven’t decided if this will remain in the pantry or get moved to the garage)
- I want to add a hook or two to hold a couple of aprons
- I want to designate a space for my cookie sheets and cutting boards as well
- A new door...maybe