So I have been really rolling through my Pinterest Recipe To Try Board. So far I've not been disappointed. You folks can cook! These are really rich, there's an entire bag of white chocolate chips (vanilla chips) in the batter! Also, this recipe only makes a 9x9 cake. This one pot cake is perfect for tapas.
Vanilla Cake Bites
Adapted from: http://cookiesandcups.com/death-by-vanilla/
What you need:
- ½ cup butter
- 1½-2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups powdered sugar sifted
- 3 Tbs butter, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 Tbsp of milk (until smooth spreadable consistency)
What to do:
- Preheat to 350
- Spray 9x9 pan with cooking spray
- In medium sized saucepan melt the butter and white chips over low heat. Stir constantly so the chocolate doesn't burn.
- When melted the chocolate will look curdled
- Remove melted chocolate from the heat and add remaining cake ingredients in the saucepan. Stir until combined and smooth (I didn't even use a hand mixer for these, just a rubber spatula)
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for approx 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and then frost